BACKGROUND

Voting Rating: 5 / 6 votes Vote:

Monday, August 18, 2008

First day of Kindergarten!!





Today was our first day of Homeschool Kindergarten. Jacob awoke to a fun back-to-school balloon and special first-day cookies. Jacob did a great job today. We did about an hour of school. He breezed right through the work and mostly stayed in his chair.
We are doing Scholastic Reading, McGraw-Hill Math, Kindergarten Standards for Science and Social Studies, and a Bible program called Discipleland- Old Testament Heroes. Jacob loves superheroes, so he really likes that one!
Today went by very smoothly and I'm excited to keep going!
Here's Jacob's first school paper- he was asked what his favorite season was and why.

6 comments:

Jason and Trish said...

Yeah!!! Good job Jacob! And...I love the picture...especially the extra little "I love Alia" phrases. :) A little boy in love...teeheehee. :)

Amy, Steve, Molly, Paige and Garrett said...

Hmmm... I can't help but wonder who Aila is. I definitely looks like Jacob is smitten! :)
Amy

Debbie said...

That's so EXCITING! It looks like you guys are doing great. Have fun homeschooling. We considered it for quite a while. I have about a zillion books on the subject. You guys will do a wonderful job.

~* Emily *~ said...

Faye & Jeff - haven't seen ya but once since high school but I found ya online!!! Thanks Google! Lots of us are reconnecting on Facebook and I thought of you two. Hope life is wonderful--it is by the looks of it!

DeAnna said...

Faye, The more I get to know you the more amazing you are to me! Will you homeschool my girls :) I can't wait to see more of what Jacob learns in school!

Anonymous said...

YOur such an amazing mommy. How do you have time to make cookies with math on them. Too Cute! Your kiddos are so lucky. Heck, I'm so lucky to call you my friend. You remind me what's important in life. Spending time with my sweet children. Thanks for being such an awesome example of a Godly mother and wife.

Jen