BACKGROUND

Voting Rating: 5 / 6 votes Vote:

Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Sad News

Well, I was hoping to add a happy news post today, but we had a bad day. Today I had a first prenatal appointment with my doctor. I was hoping to come say that we are pregnant and everything is good, but it's not. When she did the ultrasound, nothing showed up. She was trying to be optimistic and said that my dates are probably wrong and it's just too early to see anything. But I'm pretty confident on the dates. She did find a cyst on my ovary- which happens every time you get pregnant, but nothing else. The bad news is that it is possibly an ectopic pregnancy which baby can not survive and is also dangerous for me. An ectopic (tubal) pregnancy can rupture at any time and cause a lot of pain and internal bleeding. So, they ran blood tests to check my HcG (hormone) levels and plan to check them again on Friday. If it is an ectopic pregnancy they may be able to treat me with Methotrexate which can help dissolve and flush out everything. If the baby has already grown too big or if the tube ruptures they will have to do surgery. Either way there may be some recovery time physically and emotionally. I am feeling a bit sad about loosing a baby, but I'm mostly just scared of having something rupture. Please pray for my safety and that God would use this for good. I remember the blessings I already enjoy- especially my first two babies who are beautiful and wonderful (and not so much babies anymore!)

5 comments:

Jason and Trish said...

I love you pal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Andrea said...

I'm sorry you had such a disappointing appointment. I've been praying for God to keep you safe and healthy. Let me know if you'd like some company tomorrow.
Andrea

Bella said...

(this is kate, but i'm on my friend's account right now.)
faye, i'm so sorry you're having to go through this stress. i'll be praying for your safety and health -- physically and emotionally. i love you and your family, and even though i'm far away right now i'm thinking of you. please let me know if there's anything at all that i can do, love kate.

Nate said...

we are praying for you and the family, faye. you are so strong and the Lord will be with you through all of this. please let us know how we can help. my email is kristitraxler@gmail.com...please email me anytime.
love,
The Traxlers

Katie Scott said...

Faye and Jeff,

I am so sorry! I know what it feels like to have the excitement of pregnancy crushed in a single moment. I am praying for both of you emotionally and for you Faye that your body will remain strong and do whatever it needs to so that you don't have to have surgery. I love you guys and am there for whatever support you need.