BACKGROUND

Voting Rating: 5 / 6 votes Vote:

Thursday, May 31, 2007

Update

We have some good news. The doctor had called early this morning to tell us that my HcG levels were actually quite high (48,000) which indicate that the pregnancy is probably as far along as we thought (almost 8 weeks). This meant that it was probably ectopic and in need of immediate attention because it could rupture at any time. The Dr. didn't want me to drive, eat, or drink anything. She scheduled a better ultrasound at the hospital at 11:30. We were blessed to have a good friend drop her plans with no notice to babysit- Thanks Jen!! The ultrasound technician wouldn't tell me anything or even let me see the screen which was a bit frustrating and anxiety causing. I finally got a hold of the doctor around 1pm. She told me that the ultrasound confirmed a pregnancy in the uterus- not in the tubes. This is a great relief and means no rupture, no surgery, and no affected fertility. The baby however is much smaller than it should be and there was no heartbeat. The doctor said there's a possiblity the pregnancy could progress, but most likely I will miscarry. For now it's just wait and see. Right now I'm feeling okay. A little dissapointed of course, but also very relieved at the same time. I am confident that God will keep me safe. I am greatful for the 2 kids I have and I am still hopeful that God will bless us with another in his time. Thanks to all for your support, prayers, emails, and calls. They have been a big help and I believe that God has answered prayers for safety. Please continue to pray as we move forward.

6 comments:

JABBY said...

what a relief! i will continue to pray. thank you so much for the updates.
love ya,
rose

Andrea said...

Hi Faye,
I'm glad its not ectopic. I'm sure it will be difficult to just wait and see. I'll be praying for you guys from Southern California. I wish I was closer so I could help if I'm needed. Please let me know if there's anything I can do from here and call me anytime if you want to talk. Love you guys!

Amy, Steve, Molly, Paige and Garrett said...

Oh Faye! I was NOT expecting that news when I checked your blog. I'm so sorry to hear about everything you've gone through and will be praying for you and the baby. Take comfort knowing that God is holding you both in His hands!

Amy, Steve, Molly, Paige and Garrett said...

FYI... Molly = Amy. I always forget that the Blogger account comes on with her name!

Kacie said...

Hi Faye and Jeff,

Just read your update. So sorry to hear about all of that. But, glad that you are doing alright. I'll be praying for you guys. With much love, Kacie

Bella said...

faye, it's kate again. i'm glad for the good news about your safety and fertility, and i'll still be sending prayers from way out here for you and your sweet family. i love you!