BACKGROUND

Voting Rating: 5 / 6 votes Vote:

Thursday, June 14, 2007

One tough day

This morning was my last doctor's appointment. I was in the office for 2 hours waiting and trying to get a good scan. It took 2 doctors and 3 scans to finally get a good view of the baby. (Apparently some fibroids have been making it hard to get a good scan). The baby had again grown to measure about 7 weeks, but had no heartbeat. Before officially ending the pregnancy, the doctor wanted to confirm that there was no cardiac activity with the hospital grade ultrasound. After discussing options with my doctor, we decided to schedule a D & C procedure for this afternoon due to the doctor's schedule and with the thought of our upcoming trip to Hawaii. I had to rush over to the hospital to confirm there was no cardiac activity, pick up a prescription from the pharmacy, meet up with Jeff, and hurry back over to the doctor. The tough part about today was that it left little time to process everything. The procedure itself was yucky, but not terribly painful. I am recovering at home. Thank you friends for your support and prayers. Please continue to pray for my recovery and that we can moved forward as a family and of course get pregnant again soon! I am thankful for my God who carries me through all things.

8 comments:

DeAnna said...

You are in my thoughts and prayers if there is anything I can do please dont hesitate to call.

Unknown said...

faye, it's kate. i'm so sorry to hear this. i am as always amazed and inspired by your patience and quiet faith during hard times. which is of course NOT to say that you and jeff have been going through terribly difficult things. i have nothing but sympathy and love for the quayleseses, both those here with us and those yet to be. in any case, LG prayed for you all tonight and i've heard that dinners are lined up. i'm an excellent sit-and-do-nothing-with type of person, or sitting and crafting, or anything at all so please do call me if you'd like. i'm going to let you take the lead on that simply because i don't want to contribute to overwhelming you right now. okay, i think that should be enough of a ramble for now. i love you!

JABBY said...

i'm so sorry you guys. i was sad to hear that the baby didn't make it. i'll pray for your recovery and for God to bless you with another pregnancy in His timing. take good care-which means resting and not doing too much! let me know if you need anything.
lots of love,
rose

Amy, Steve, Molly, Paige and Garrett said...

Faye...
Our life group prayed for you guys last night. We'll be praying for a quick recovery and a supernatural peace about the whole experience. God has good things in store for you guys!
Amy

Andrea said...

Faye,
I am so sorry this happened. We also prayed for your family in life group last night. We all love you and want to help in any way we can. I will be calling you daily to see if I can help, so if it gets annoying you just let me know! You are such a fantastic wife, mother and friend...it is an honor to know you.

The Masons said...

My heart aches for you...so sorry to hear the news. Yesterday was my grandma's funeral too, tough day all around. Love you guys!

Kristi said...

you guys are in our prayers. In times like these there are no words but praise the Lord that He is in control.

Justine said...

Dear Faye,

I am sorry to read of your miscarriage, but delighted to know that you have two beautiful children! I will be praying for you .

Love,
Justine